How Secure is Biometric Authentication?
Author: huifan Time: 2021-02-19
1. How safe is biometric authentication?
2. What is biometric authentication?
3. What is biometric data?
- Fingerprint: This is the identification of the unique ridge of the finger. Fingerprint scanning is one of the oldest and most widely used forms of biometric identification.
- Hand geometry: Hand geometry used to be a major method of biometrics. It consists of hand features (such as the width and length of the fingers).
- Iris recognition: This technique can measure the unique folds of the linear muscles in the iris.
- Retina scan: They use a unique near-infrared camera to capture the capillaries deep in the eye.
- Facial recognition: Verifies the identity of a person by measuring facial structure and geometric shapes.
- Speech recognition: The sound produced by a person's voice depends on the shape of the vocal tract, including mouth, nose and throat. The way a person speaks (tone, pace, movement changes, accent, etc.) is also unique. The biometric privacy system uses these two qualities to recognize the human voice.
- Thermal imager recognition: The biometric facial thermal imager can capture the thermal pattern caused by blood moving under the skin.
- Behavioral characteristics: Analyze the way people interact with the computer system (for example, monitoring keystrokes, mouse movements, printing patterns, and device handling) to determine whether they are who they claim to be.
4. How does biometric authentication work
- Sensor: Whether it is a fingerprint scanner for bank or a facial recognition camera, the scanner is responsible for capturing biometric data and inputting it into the biometric security system.
- Database: Biometric information must be stored after collection. Data is usually encrypted and stored in a secure server in a data center or cloud environment.
- Software: As long as someone shows a biometric certificate, biometric authentication software can handle all analysis and comparisons. The software will search for appropriate matches and determine whether they should be granted access.
6. Latest software
7. About Chongqing Huifan Technology
Want to know more?